Thursday, December 16, 2010

War of 18-49 Update, The Apprentice (fall 2010)


Let's take a look at the fall 2010 season (the show's tenth overall and seventh non-celebrity season) of The Apprentice on NBC.


Fall 2010 adults 18-49 high/average/low: 0.9/1.34/1.6

Rating the Ratings: I'm editing this out of the official War of 18-49 post, but I gotta preserve it somewhere, so I'll just remind us all once more that during the summer I prophetically asked, "But have we forgotten just how rapidly this show went down the tubes?" Then I went on to predict in a later post that this supposedly recession-friendly version would do pretty decently. Apparently I should've gone with my first instinct. This season was an embarrassment from the word go, down more than 50% from any previous season of the show, including the most recent celebrity season in early 2010 and the most recent "original recipe" season in early 2007. This show which once pulled a thirteen point six in the demo less than six years ago actually dropped below a 1.0 for a regular elimination ep on Thanksgiving night. Disaster. I actually gave some very brief consideration to upping this grade to a D- because of the "big" spike to a 1.6 for the finale, but then I remembered it also had a much larger than usual lead-in with The Office airing a one-hour episode. Since I'm not clever enough to be able to resist the easy joke, I gotta say it: original recipe Apprentice, y'fired. Grade: F.

Here's the now updated War of 18-49 post for The Apprentice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© SpottedRatings.com 2009-2022. All Rights Reserved.